Sizing & Fitting
Choosing the correct mask size
To determine the correct mask size for your facial structure, we recommend taking exact measurements using the method described below.
1. Measure from the bridge of your nose to just under your chin. *See guide below. (It may be helpful to have a friend assist you)
2. Use the measurements you have taken and match to the best fit from the below:
NOTE: If you are on the bubble based on measurements - refer to weight.
- Extra Large (XL) - 4.5" - 5.5" | 215lbs +
- Large (L) - 4" - 4.5" | 125lbs - 215lbs
- Medium (M) - 3.5" - 4" | Up to 125lbs
Filters are designed to match your chosen mask size, i.e. Extra Large (XL) mask houses an XL filter.
Below is a general guide based on body weight (note that facial measurements are more accurate for ensuring correct fit).
- Extra Large - 215 lbs +
- Large - 125 lbs - 215 lbs
- Medium - Up to 125 lbs
A proper fit is key to efficient filtration and prolonged comfort. There are a few tips and tricks to help fit your mask properly. Please refer to below image for proper fit.
1. When applying your mask, place the top most part of the mask on the very top of your nose, then lower to cover your mouth and chin. Finish by fastening the strap(s) in a comfortable position. TIP: If you feel pressure on the top of your nose, fasten the strap in an "upward X" position. Vice versa for pressure on the bottom of your chin.
2. A proper seal is only required on the filter, not the mask shell. See image below. As you notice, the filter (blue) is creating a seal on the users face while the mask shell has some slack. This is acceptable. As long as the filter is creating a seal, the mask is deemed effective.